Scanning photographs allows you to save images to your computer’s hard drive, email photos, or upload pictures to the internet. Scanners come with software programs which guide users through the scanning process and allow users to perform basic photograph editing. Canon scanners come with Arc Soft Photo Studio 5.5 scanning software which is a very simple program to use.
- Turn on the computer and the scanner.
- Open the lid of the scanner and place the photograph face down on the glass scanner bed. Close the scanner lid.
- Click “Start” on the computer. Click “Programs.” Double-click “Arc Soft Photo studio 5.5.”
- Click “File” after Arc soft program opens. Click “Select Source.” Click on the scanner model.
- Click “File.” Click “Acquire.” The scanner will begin to scan the photograph.
- Click “Select Source.” Click “Preview.” A preview of the photograph will appear on the screen.
- Drag the selection box to select the entire photo to scan or a portion of the photo. To crop the picture, click and drag one corner of the selection box. Adjust the position of the photograph on the scanner bed if the photo is on an angle.
- Click “Scan” to begin the final scan. The scanned photo will open in Photo Studio editing window.
- Click “File.” Click “Save.” A “Save Picture” dialog box will open. Type the name of the picture in the “File Name” field. Click on the arrow located on the “Save as Type” pull-down menu to choose the format of photograph (JPEG or GIF are the usual formats for internet use). Click “Save.” The photograph is now saved on your computer.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.