The QuickBooks Premier Accountant edition includes a free feature that enables remote access to your QuickBooks company file from remote computers. As a small business owner you have the option of purchasing the Accountant Edition so you can access your company file remotely for free, otherwise the remote access is $3.95 monthly (as of 2010). You can access your QuickBooks remotely through the software or through a third party download like the Log Me In or the Go to My PC paid services.
Remote Access with the QuickBooks Remote Access Services
- Click on the “Accountant” button located on the top menu bar of the QuickBooks Home Screen. Scroll down to the “Remote Access” option and click. When the QuickBooks remote access screen opens scroll down to the bottom of the page to click on the “Register for QuickBooks Remote Access” phrase.
- Register for the service. The Registration screen opens and prompts you to enter basic information that will be used to access your QuickBooks file. Click the “Submit” button. Return to the “Register” screen and click the “Log in” button.
- Click the “Set up this computer NOW” button. The Web-Ex window will ask if you would like to install the remote access software onto the computer. Click “Install’ and wait for the process to complete. It may take as long as ten minutes, do not try to complete other transactions while this remote access program is installing.
- Click “Next” on the Remote Access Setup Wizard screen. Choose the authentication method you wish to use. You may either use an access code or a phone number. Make the selection and enter it once into the top box and once into the confirmation box. Click “Next.” Choose the additional options available in the next screen. By default, the last four are chosen for you.
- Click the “specific applications” button and then the QuickBooks version you wish to access remotely. Click the “Next” button and then the “Finish” button. The computer is now set up for remote access.
- Log in at the WebEx website in the Resources list. Use your authentication and password from another computer. The computer you wish to access should be on and connected to the Internet. You can now access your QuickBooks files from another location.
Remote Access with Paid Third-Party Software.
- Choose which third party software you would like to use. Two of the most popular are the Log Mein and the GoToMyPC services. The advantage to the Log Mein service is that they have a free, though limited version available for download. The GoToMyPC service offers a free trial but it is a paid service.
- Visit the Logmein website and register for the free Log Mein account. Register for the service by filling in the requested information. Enter the password and identification you wish to use to log in to your computer.
- Test the remote access. Leave your PC on and connected to the Internet. Then, go to another computer and login with your identification and password. You should be able to access your desktop from the remote computer and perform any transaction in QuickBooks that you would do from the computer’s location.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.