We have all had those moments where we accidentally click a button we shouldn’t have. Most times, nothing happens and everything is normal. However, you might find yourself with a deleted Outlook profile and all the files that go along with that profile missing. You might be missing your emails, your tasks, your appointments and more. The good news is that you can easily recover an Outlook profile–files and all.
- When you are in the home screen of Windows, click “Start” in the bottom left-hand corner, then click “Shut Down.” Choose the option that allows you to restart in MS-DOS mode (this option varies depending on which version of Windows you are using).
- When your computer has restarted in MS-DOS, type “scanreg.exe” and presses Enter.
- In the “Check Your Registry” window, press the “S” key.
- The registry checker will start. Click on the “V” key so that you can view the series of registry backups that were made on your computer. Select the registry backup that you think will have your missing Outlook profile–in other words, search for a day where you are sure your Outlook profile was active. Select the registry backup from that day.
- Click the “R” key. You will have restored that registry profile. It will include your Outlook profile.
- Restart your computer. Log in to Windows and open Outlook. Click the “Mail” icon. Click “Show Profiles.” Then select the profile you had lost from the frame that is titled “When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile.”
- Be careful when modifying your registry–you may cause problems that require a complete new installation of your operating system.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.