An antivirus program is an important software purchase to protect your computer from viruses and malware. Symantec produces Norton Antivirus, software that has been routinely awarded Editors’ Choice by PCMag. Norton Antivirus provides three different scanning options: custom scan, quick scan and full scan. The scans check files from the Internet, email, social media sites and instant messenger programs. A summary report is provided after each scan. You can quickly install Norton Antivirus at home to protect your computer.
Prepare Your Computer
- Verify that your operating system meets the requirements for Norton Antivirus. For Norton Antivirus 2011, you must have Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP as well as a 300 MHz or faster processor, 256 MB or RAM and 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- Click “Start” and then “Control Panel.”
- Choose “Uninstall a Program” if your computer runs Windows 7 or Vista. If your computer runs Windows XP, select “Add or Remove Programs.”
- Find any other antivirus program you may have installed on your computer in the list of installed programs and click “Remove” or “Uninstall.”
- Select “Remove All” to confirm that you want to uninstall the other antivirus program.
- Click “Restart Windows Now (Recommended)” and then “Finish.”
Install Norton Antivirus
- Insert the Norton CD into the CD-ROM drive and click “Install Norton Antivirus” if you purchased a CD. If you downloaded a copy of Norton Antivirus, double-click the file to begin installation.
- Remove the check from the box next to the option to join Norton Community Watch in the Norton Antivirus 2011 window if you do not want to join the group. The option is automatically checked unless you uncheck the box.
- Select “Install Options” and then “Browse” if you want to choose your own location to install Norton. Once you find the new location, click “OK.” Skip these steps if you are fine with the default location.
- Click “User License Agreement” and read the license agreement. Click “Close.”
- Select “Agree and Install.” Norton Antivirus will begin installing files on your computer. Once the installation is finished, Norton Antivirus launches automatically.
- Click “Activate Now” in the Norton Antivirus window to activate your copy.
- Type in the Product Key included with your CD and click “Next.”
- Enter your email address and click “Next” again.
- Type in the password if you already have a Norton account. If you do not have an account, choose “Sign up now,” put in the required information and click “Sign Up.”
- Look over your subscription details and then click “Done.”
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.