Adding a shared printer to your wireless system gives anybody access scope of the network print documents, photos or different images. The Brother MFC-6490CW all- in- one printer includes a built-in wireless print server so you don’t need to purchase an external connector or adopter the printer to the network through a particular PC. To include the Brother gadget as a shared printer you need to change its wireless settings and add the printer every PC connected to the network.
- Insert the installation disk that accompanied the Brother printer in your PC’s drive if you haven’t already installed the network software. Follow the on-screen direction to install the BRAdmin Light software.
- Access the “Start” menu and click “All Programs.” Navigate to “Brother” and click the “BRAdmin Light” symbol. Double- clicks the “Brother MFC-6490CW” entry in the list of identified devices.
- Press the “Menu” button on the printer’s control panel. Utilize the down arrow key to explore to the “Print Reports” alternative and click the “OK” button. Scroll down to “Network Config” and press “OK.”
- Tap the “Black Start” button to print off a network configuration page that lists the printer’s IP address. Come back to the “BRAdmin Light” window and tap the radio button labeled “Static.”
- Type the IP address listed on the report page in the “IP Address” text box. Select “OK.” Return to the printer’s control panel and navigate to “Network.” Press “OK.”
- Scroll to the “WLAN” alternative and press “OK.” Navigate to “TCP/IP” and then “Boot Method.” Select “Static” and choose “OK.”
- Access any of the PCs connected with your wireless network. Open the “Start” menu and click “Network.” Click “Add a Printer” and choose “Add a network printer.” Follow the on-screen guidelines to add the Brother printer to your list of available network printers.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.