The QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) software allows businesses to create reports concerning sale, inventory trends and on customers. Other features include printing out price tags and automatically creating purchase orders for customers. When using the software for the first time you can use the Data Import tools to import customer, vendor or inventory information that already exists in Microsoft Excel workbooks. This tool saves the user time so that data doesn’t need to be manually inserted into the POS software.
- Open the QuickBooks Point of Sale application on your computer. Click on the “File” option from the top toolbar menu and click on the “UTILITIESIMPORT” option. The Data Import dialog box will then be displayed on your screen.
- Read the presented information in the overview and then click on the “Next” button. Click on the “OPEN QBPOS DATA TEMPLATE IN EXCEL” option. Three data worksheets will then appear with instructions to complete the worksheets.
- Enter the appropriate information into the “Vendor”, “Customers” and “Inventory” fields. Click on the “File” option and then click on the “Save” option for each worksheet after you’re finished entering the appropriate information.
- Click on the “Data Import” dialog box again from the original application you opened. Click on the “IMPORT” button and then locate the template name and location from the “Item import” field. Click on the “NEXT” button.
- Allow time for the Excel template file to be fully imported into the Point of Sale, and the Import Complete screen will appear. Click on the “VIEWLOG” option to review the information of the import and then click on the “FINISH” button to close out of the Data Import dialog box.