If your Lexmark printer won’t process print jobs, you may be encountering one of several issues. If your computer’s print spooler service is not working correctly or not started, your Lexmark print is unable to receive print jobs. The printer may need power cycled to clear out the print job data or paper may be jammed within the printer.
- Click “Start” and “Control Panel.”
- Type “Computer Management” in the Control Panel search box. Double-click the icon that appears.
- Click “Services.” Click “Print Spooler.” Click “Restart” to restart your spooler service. Send your print job again to see if this fixed the problem.
- Unplug your Lexmark printer and disconnect the interface cable. Open the Lexmark printer to ensure no paper is caught within the machine. Leave the printer powered down for at least 30 seconds before reconnecting it. Send a print job to the Lexmark to see if the problem is fixed.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the drivers that came with the printer.
- Check Lexmark’s site for updated drivers for your specific printer. If the drivers that came with your printer are older your printer may not work correctly.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.