The most commonly encountered problems with the Internet Explorer browser includes failed startup, stops responding or restarts. Update your anti-virus software and then scan for viruses. The presence of a virus on computer can cause Internet Explorer to malfunction. There are a few other options that you can try to overcome this problem. As a last resort, reinstall Internet Explorer.
Restore the Default Internet Explorer settings
- Go to “Start” and click on “Control Panel.”
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window that opens, double-click on the “Internet Options” icon.
- In the “Internet Properties” dialog box that opens, click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on the “Restore Defaults” button, click on “Apply” and then click on “OK.”
Run the System File Checker (SFC)
- System File Checker (SFC) checks the computer for critical errors and missing operating system files. To run SFC, go to “Start” and click on “Run.”
- In the ‘Run’ dialog box, type “sfc /scannow”, press “Enter” and then wait for the process to complete.
- If there are problems then you will be informed, otherwise SFC closes without informing after completion of the scan.
Reinstall Internet Explorer 6
- Go to “Start” and click on “Run.”
- In the ‘Run’ dialog box, type “drive_letter:\WINDOWS\inf” and then press “Enter.” Replace the drive_letter here with the drive-letter (C: or D: or E 🙂 on which Windows is installed.
- Find the “ie.inf” file, right-click on it and then click on “Install.”
Reinstall Internet Explorer 7 or Higher
- Select and download the Internet Explorer of your choice.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to run it.
- On the license agreement page, click on “I accept” and then click on “Next.”
- Select the location where you want to install Internet Explorer and then click on “Next.” This will install Internet Explorer.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.