QuickBooks is an accounting software program designed for small businesses. It provides one location for all of the tasks commonly associated with managing a small business, such as managing payroll, creating invoices and entering payments. QuickBooks can also create reports of the current status of different aspects of your company, and then present that information in an easily readable format. While there are many preinstalled reports, some users may find that they need to create a report that more specifically meets their needs.
- Click the “Start” or Windows button in the lower left corner of the screen, then scroll to “QuickBooks” or “Intuit” and select it to launch the program.
- Select the company file that you wish to open, and then type your user name and password.
- Click “Reports” at the top of the screen, then select the type of report that you intend to create. All of the reports are divided into categories depending upon the type of information you are looking for. These categories include “Sales,” “Customers” and “Inventory.”
- Select the specific report that best represents the information you wish to view, which will then open the report in a new window. The choices available on the submenus of the report categories are more specific, with options like a “Balance Sheet.”
- Click the “Modify Report” button at the top of the new window, then select the “Display” tab. Select any columns that you wish to add to or remove from your report in the “Columns” section at the bottom of the window, then select a date range in the “Report Date Range” section.
- Click the “Filters” tab at the top of the window, then choose any filters that you wish to apply to your data, such as the types of accounts that should be included, then click the “OK” button.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.