Due to the popularity and affordability of personal computers, most documents are now created electronically. Productivity software, such as word processing and spreadsheet programs, has changed the way businesses operate and how people interact with one another. However, if you only have access to a printed document and not the source file, you may want to scan that document into an electronic format, such as PDF (Portable Document Format). Create PDF files from a scanner by following a few steps.
- Install a PDF writing application onto your computer. While most PDF writing programs are available at a considerable expense, such as the Adobe Acrobat line of applications, there are free versions available for download. PDFill is a program that may be downloaded at no charge, and it is suitable for scanning purposes.
- Open the scanning application that you installed as part of your scanner or all-in-one printer. Scanning programs vary slightly, depending on manufacturer, but the overall steps used in scanning are basically the same. Insert the document that you want to scan to PDF into the automatic document feeder or on the flat bed of your scanner.
- Select the “Scan” option under the “File” menu on your scanning program. Select your PDF writing program from the list of electronic file types. This will typically be listed with the PDF writing program’s name, such as PDFill. If the program is not listed as an option outright, then select the “To File” option. Choose “PDF” as the file type. Click the “Acquire” button to begin scanning the document.
- Adjust the resolution of the scan by using the options listed under the “Resolution” menu. Remember that a higher resolution will lead to a larger overall PDF file size. Click once on the “Scan” button, and a pop-up window will generate to allow you to save the document. Choose a folder in which to save the scanned document from those listed in the “Browse” menu. Type a name for the scanned document into the “File name” field. Click once on the “OK” button to complete the scan process.
- Right-click once on the Windows “Start” button and select “Explore” to locate and view the PDF file. Click once on the folder to which the scanned document was saved. Double-click on the PDF file name, and the document will open in your PDF reading program.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.