The installation easily hangs in mid-stream. Or you may get a pop-up saying “checking your PC for threats….” or something similar and installation box goes blank. Or you may get an error pop-up with a numeric error code.
Cause of the Issue:
- Windows Operating system is not up-to-date and needs latest patch an update.
- McAfee Antivirus software is being blocked by third-party antivirus software.
- Clash with an older version of McAfee software is blocking installation.
- Windows user profile setting is blocking the installation or download of McAfee.
Fix for McAfee Installation Issues:
Step 1: Assure Windows is updated with latest updates & service packs.
- Open Windows Update from your Start menu, or open your web browser and go to.
- Follow all on-screen instructions to assure you have the most current Microsoft Service Pack and all demanding or important updates.
Step 2: Uninstall any existing third-party security software.
- Check the list of conflicting third-party applications which must be uninstalled at
- Check if any of the above software is current on your computer by activating the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet.
- Choose the conflicting software from the list displayed by the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet. Proceed to uninstall it.
Step 3: Uninstall older version of McAfee software.
- If you are upgrading from an older version of McAfee to a newer more leading one, it sometimes assist to remove the older version.
- Check if an older version of McAfee is present on your computer by activating the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet.
- Choose the older version of McAfee from the list displayed by the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet. Proceed to uninstall it.
“If you are facing any kind of issues call us on McAfee antivirus customer support phone number +1-800-293-9401”