The HP F4180 All-in-One InkJet Printer is equipped with an array of home-office functionalities, including the ability to scan and copy documents. The integrated scanning unit on a HP F4180 is capable of scanning documents at resolutions of up to 1200 x 2400 ppi; by running these scanned images through the included software, resolutions of up to 19200 ppi can be achieved. The F4180 can generate 48-bit color or 8-bit greyscale documents and has a maximum scan size of 8.5 x 11.7 inches. Scanning documents with your HP F4180 is a straightforward procedure; simply follow the directions below.
- Turn on the HP F4180 and your computer. Raise the lid of the scanner and place your document on the glass, face down.
- Align the corner of your document with the left front corner of the glass. Close the lid.
- Open the HP Solutions Program from the Start Menu or your Desktop; if you do not have this program installed, you can download an installer from the HP website.
- Click on the tab for the F4180. If you are scanning an image, click on the Scan Picture button; if you are scanning a text document, click on the Scan Document button. The Scan Options screen will now open; click on the down arrow to reveal a list of available options.
- Select a destination for your scanned image. Choose a file format to save your image as.
- Click on the Scan button. Consult the preview window; from this window you can crop or rotate the image and make adjustments to its brightness, sharpness and saturation. Make any changes you deem necessary and click Accept. Your scanned image will now be saved to the previously-selected destination folder.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.