QuickBooks is a piece of software that allows individuals and small businesses to easily manage their accounting and finances. A particularly useful feature of the software is its ability to create and send invoices. Traditionally, users could create the invoice within the QuickBooks program, and print it to mail it to a client manually or email the invoice to the client through the program’s integration with Microsoft’s Outlook email client. However, with its 2011 incarnation, QuickBooks also allows users to send invoices through webmail accounts, including Google’s Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Microsoft Hotmail.
- Open the QuickBooks 2011 application.
- Click the “Edit” menu at the top of the application window and select the “Preferences” entry.
- Click the “Send Forms” entry in the left sidebar.
- Click the “Web Mail” option in the “Send e-mail using” box and click the “Add” button.
- Type your email address in the “Email ID” box.
- Select “Gmail” from the “Email Provider” dropdown menu and click the “OK” button. In most cases, QuickBooks will fill in the correct information in the server settings box; if it fails for some reason, type “smtp.gmail.com” (without quotes) in the “Server name” box, use port 587 and check the “Use SSL” box.
- Click “OK” to exit the Preferences panel.
- Click the “Customer” menu at the top of the screen and select “Create Invoice.”
- Follow the on-screen steps to create an invoice specific to your client’s services and click the “Send Invoice” button.
- Select the “Web Mail” option next to the “Send by” option.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.