When you use a Xerox network printer, you must install the corresponding driver on the server and possibly the computers that will access the printer. If you upgrade to a new Xerox printer, if an upgraded driver for your printer becomes available or if you change to a new office printer entirely, you may need to uninstall your current driver for the new driver to work correctly. You will need to log on to the workstation or server with administrative rights to perform the uninstallation.
- Refresh the print spooler. Click “Start” and select “Run.” Type “net stop spooler” into the “Open” box and click “OK” to stop the spooler. Click “Start” and select “Run.” Type “net start spooler” into the “Open” box and click “OK” to stop the spooler.
- Click “Start” and select “Devices and Printers” or “Printers and Faxes” to open the “Printers” window. Delete any printer objects associated with the Xerox printer driver you are uninstalling by clicking on the object and clicking “Delete.”
- Go to the “File” menu in Windows XP and select “Server Properties.” In Windows Vista, right-click any blank area of the window and select “Server Properties.” In Windows 7, click on the Xerox printer name and select “Print Server Properties” on the toolbar. The “Print Server Properties” window opens.
- Go to the “Drivers” tab of the window to display the list of drivers installed on the system. Click the Xerox driver you want to uninstall and click the “Remove” button. Click “OK” at the prompt to remove the driver.
- Navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32x66\” and delete the “Driver” file. Navigate to “C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32x66\3” and delete the “Driver” file.
- Empty the “Recycle Bin” to remove all the print driver files. Restart the computer or the server to reboot the print spooler and complete the uninstallation.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.