Basic troubleshooting and periodic maintenance is essential to keeping your Xerox Phaser 8560 operating properly. Xerox includes a troubleshooting section on both its website and in the user manual for this printer. Advanced troubleshooting is available through the service manual of this series of color printers. Error codes are best left for technicians, however; most print quality issues and jam preventative measures are something an end-user can do.
- Remove all paper from the machine, reload paper from a fresh package, and try using the printer again. Some issues can be caused by paper absorbing moisture due to excess humidity.
- Print out a configuration report from the printer. Press the up or down arrows on the control panel until you see “Information” displayed and highlighted on the display. Press the “OK” button to select. Press the up or down arrows until “Information Pages” is highlighted on the display, and the press “OK” to continue. Use the arrows again to get to “Configuration Page”, and then press “OK” to print it out. This will isolate the issue to the printer or to an outside source. If the issue isn’t on the configuration page, then the problem likely arises from the software program or computer that sent the job to the printer.
- Open the multipurpose tray (Tray 1) by pulling the handle down on the front of the machine. Locate the large gray roller in the center of the tray. Use a lint-free cloth and a dash of lubricant to clean the roller. Close Tray 1. Open up Tray 2 until it reaches it’s maximum extension. Raise it up slightly and pull it to free it from the machine. On the front of the tray is a white roller. Use a little lubricant on a lint-free cloth to clean the roller. Look under the printer in the area where the paper tray usually sits at. Under the frame is another roller. Release the orange release latch to drop the roller down, and clean like you did the others. Snap it back up when finished.
- Press the up or down arrows on the control panel to scroll down to “Troubleshooting” and press the “OK” button. Use the arrows again to scroll down to “Print Quality Problems,” and press the “OK” button again. If you’re experiencing lighter stripes or lines coming down the prints, use the arrows to scroll down to “Eliminate Light Stripes,” and press the “OK” button. You may need to run this two to three times to remove the stripes. If you’re having print smears, scroll down instead to “Remove Print Smears,” and press the “OK” button.
- Replace the maintenance kit if you’re still having problems. Call a technician if you’re still having jamming problems or if the maintenance kit doesn’t resolve your print quality issues.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.