Netgear manufactures a wide variety of networking devices including wireless routers and modems. A modem The Netgear modem connects your computer or in some cases, a router directly to your Internet service provider. You may experience issues with modems from time to time for various reasons.
- Restart your modem by unplugging it from the power supply and then plugging it back. Sometimes, a simple restart can troubleshoot issues with your Netgear modem.
- Download and install the latest version of the software for your modem. Navigate to Netgear’s product page to locate your model and download the latest version.
- Check with your Internet service provider to make sure that the problem is not originating from their end. If it does, you really have no other option other than waiting till they fix it from their end.
- Make sure the modem is connected to the main source properly with the broadband cable. The cable is typically white in color and goes into the “Internet” port of the modem. The other side goes to the main source.
- Make sure the modem is connected to the router properly with an Ethernet cable. The cable should go into one of the open ports of the modem. The other side should go into the “Modem” port of the wireless router.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.