The MFC-665CW is a photo color all-in-one printer developed and marketed by Brother. The printer also comes with wireless networking. Some problems MFC-665CW users encounter include error codes, paper jams, networking issues and low quality printing. Brother offers a wide range of troubleshooting techniques to resolve such problems. Use some techniques to solve general issues, while others target specific components of the printer.
- Restart your Brother printer to get rid of standby error messages on the LCD screen. Unplug the printer and wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging it back on. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve error messages on the printer.
- Clear “Machine Error 46” by replacing the existing ink cartridges with new ones. Brother recommends you use their brand as opposed to third-party ink catridges. The MFC-665CW uses the “LC51BK,” “LC51C,” “LC51M” and “LC51Y” ink cartridges. The cartridge installation instructions are provided inside the packaging.
- Troubleshoot paper jam and clear the message “No Paper Fed” from the LCD screen. Turn the printer around and remove the “Jam Clear Cover” on the back side. Look for any paper scraps or jammed paper in the rear of the unit. Pull out the jammed paper gently from the feed roller. Do not touch the feed roller.
- Clear the “Out of Memory” message while scanning a document to be copied or faxed. Press the “Menu” key on the printer panel. Press the up/down arrow button to locate “Fax.” Push “OK.” Press the up/down arrow button to locate “Advanced Fax Operation.” Push “OK.” Press the up/down arrow button to locate “Print Fax” or “Print Document.” Push “OK.” Push the “Black(Mono) Start” button. Push the “Stop/Exit” button once the printer finishes the printing task.
- Clear the “Media Error” message. Remove any memory cards from the media slot on the front. Make sure the memory card doesn’t have any signs of physical damage like scratches and cracks. Use a different memory card if the existing one does have physical damages. If needed, insert the memory card into your camera or a video device to make sure it works correctly.
- Troubleshoot general networking issues with the Brother printer. Check your Internet connection to make sure it is working properly. Restart your wireless router and your modem. Check your firewall setting by clicking the “Start” menu and typing “Windows Firewall” in the search box. Press “Enter” key. Click “Allow a program through Windows Firewall.” Place a check next to “MFL-Pro Suite” and “Scan Soft PaperPort.” Click “OK.”
- Troubleshoot the message “No devices could be found over the network.” Insert the Brother MFL-Pro Suite installation disc and wait till the installation wizard appears on screen. Select “Network Connection” for the connection type. Click “Next.” When prompted to retry to search for the device again, click “No.” Select “Specify your machine by address (Advanced Users).” Type the IP address of your Brother machine. Refer to your user guide to find the IP address. Click “Next.” Follow on-screen guided prompts to complete the installation.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.