The HP Officejet 4500 is an all-in-one wireless printer/scanner/copier. The HP 4500 device features easy setup and downloadable drivers and software. The all-in-one printer attaches to the computer via a USB connector cable for configuring the device. However, the software must be installed first, prior to connecting the device to the computer. Once the device is configured, the wireless connection may be utilized by computers on the local area network (LAN). Download and install the scanner and printer drivers from the HP website. Assemble the HP 4500 according to product instructions, and position the all-in-one device so that the USB cable easily plugs into the computer.
- Plug the power cord of the HP 4500 into an outlet and turn on the device. Do not plug the USB cable into the printer or the computer.
- Insert the installation CD and install the printer drivers and software, or install the downloaded software onto the computer. The HP 4500 installation process will begin.
- Click “Yes” to check for product updates, and then click “Next.” The installation wizard will check for driver and software updates. Click “Next” to install the updates and/or continue.
- Insert one end of the USB cable into the printer device, and then insert the other end into a free USB port on the computer when prompted by the installation wizard. Click “Next.” The computer will recognize the USB device and will install the drivers for the HP 4500 device. The installation wizard will also install a scanning interface that can be used to scan documents with the scanner.
- Calibrate the printing and scanning functions by following the onscreen instructions.
- Click “Finish” when the installation routine has completed. The scanner is now set up and ready to use.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.