Creating a password for your Linksys Wireless Internet network is critical. Computer criminals are always looking for unprotected Wi-Fi networks to do their bidding. Protecting your Linksys Wireless Internet connection will give you worry free access to the network. Linksys has built-in security options that can be activated through their menu system.
- Connect your computer to the Linksys Wireless router with your Ethernet cable.
- Open up your web browser and type in the default network address http://192.168.1.1without the quotes.
- Log in to your router. The first time you log into your Linksys router you may not require a password; however, the default password may be set to admin on some older models.
- Set up your basic access passwords once you are past the login screen. Choose the “Wireless” tab and type in your preferred password.
- Save your password changes. You will now be able to access your Linksys Wireless Internet network from multiple Wi-Fi devices.
- Passwords that use letters and numbers are better than plain passwords.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.