QuickBooks allows organizations to manage their accounting with one piece of software. With QuickBooks, you can set up a customer database, manage your banking accounts, generate invoices and control your inventory. QuickBooks is a one-stop shop for money management and tracking and this ability can be crucial to a new company. Many potential business owners believe the hardest part of utilizing this powerful software is getting started, but the steps necessary to set up a new company in QuickBooks are simple.
- Start QuickBooks on your computer.
- Select “Create New Company” from the software menu at the top of the screen.
- Click on the “Start Interview” button on the Welcome window.
- Move your pointer to the “Company Name” field and enter the name for the new company.
- Press tab on your keyboard to move to the next field and type in the Tax ID number for the new company.
- Use the tab key to enter all the company information, such as address, email and website.
- Click on the “Next” button located at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the industry of the new company from the drop-down menu. For example, a restaurant would highlight “Restaurant, Caterer or Bar.” Click on the “Next” button to continue.
- Enter the information on each screen and click on “Next” to save it.
- In the “Filename for New Company” window, select “Save” to use the company name for the default file name.
- Continue working through each window until you reach “Add Your Bank Account Information.” This screen allows you to synchronize your bank accounts with QuickBooks. To do this you must know your account number and the bank routing number. If you are unsure, look at a check from your bank or call the bank and get that information. Once you have entered the required information, click “Next” to continue.
- Review the banking information and verify it is correct on the “Review the Chart of Accounts” screen. Click “Next” to continue.
- Click on the “Finish” button to save your information and establish the new company.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.