Whether you are moving permanently or temporarily, you are bound to change your mailing address at some point. Mail forwarding is a service offered by the United States Post Office for a verification fee of $1. This service allows users to update their mailing information via the United States Post Office website, while letting them choose the starting date of their choice. This keeps users from experiencing any gaps in their mail delivery system. Utilizing the mail forwarding process on the United States Post Office website is simple and will take less than five minutes to complete.
- Open your web browser and type in www.usps.com.
- Use your mouse and click the top white tab that says, “All Products & Services” and it will take you to a list of products and services that the USPS provides for its customers. Review the first column that is titled, “What would you like to do?” Click on the fourth option, which says, “Change your Address.”
- Click the orange arrow on the next page. This will indicate that you understand and acknowledge the statements mentioned above that pertain to the user confirming that the mailing address is theirs and is not being used to commit fraud.
- Confirm on the next page if your forwarding address is going to be either permanent or temporary. Permanent is chosen if the user doesn’t plan on returning to her old address. Temporary is chosen if the user plans on moving back to the old address within 12 months. Decide the date you want to use to start forwarding your mail and then click the continue button. Ideally, you should set this up one to three weeks in advance.
- Choose what type of move you are doing. Your options will be individual, family or business. Click the orange continue button to go forward to the next step.
- Enter your name, old address, new address and email address. Click the continue button.
- Enter your debit/credit card and telephone information in order for USPS to verify that you are who you say you are. Current address on file with your credit card should be chosen when processing the payment. The fee is $1, which makes it extremely affordable. Click on the submit button when finished entering the data and you should receive an email confirmation in your inbox.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.