Epson printers have built-in maintenance processes that count the number of pages for ink usage. These processes alert the user to change ink cartridges, clean the print heads, and change the waste ink pads (technical service). These automatic alerts may present a challenge to some users with a specific setup, such as a continuous ink system, refilled cartridges, or photo printing. An Epson printer can be reset in varying degrees, from activating a reset menu on the physical printer to installing utilities and resetting software on a computer. Explore a method for your model of Epson inkjet color printer.
- Turn off your printer and unplug the USB cable and power cord.
- Wait for two minutes and press and hold the “Paper Source,” “Paper feed,” and “Eject” buttons while plugging the cord into the outlet.
- Continue to hold the buttons down and turn on the printer.
- Count to five and release all three buttons.
- Confirm that the display reads, “Settings” and press the down arrow button until the display reads, “Clear Counters.”
- Press the right arrow button to select the “Clear Counters” option.
- Press the down arrow button to select “Maint Tank” and press the right arrow button to select this item.
- Press the “Eject” or “Enter” button to save these settings.
- Press the “Load/Eject” button to release the ink cartridges from their locked tray.
- Open the lid for the ink compartment and lift each cartridge lock. Snap each cartridge lock closed.
- Turn off the printer, plug the USB cable connection to the computer and turn on your printer to begin normal use.
SSC Service Utility
- Type the following address into the address bar of your browser to download and install the SSC Service Utility: sscig.com/epsone.shtml
- Install the utility on your computer and it will create an icon on your Windows tray (bottom task bar) for quick access.
- Locate the SSC Service Utility icon in your tray and right-click to select “Reset Counters.”
- Select “All” from the submenu or select each cartridge color as desired.
Ink Pad Reset Utility
- Type the following address into your browser’s address bar to access the Epson ink Pad Reset Utility: epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp
- Select your model of printer from the drop-down menu, length of ownership from the drop-down menu, and complete the product information in the corresponding fields, including the serial number for your printer (information is located on the back of the printer or on the original Epson box).
- Click the box next to the acknowledgment statement to agree to the terms and click the “Submit” button to begin downloading the utility.
- Run the installer for the utility and click the “Next” button to proceed through the confirmation screens in the wizard.
- Launch the Epson Ink Pad Reset Utility and select the function for “Ink monitor.”
- Set the levels to “0” by typing “0” in those fields or press the “Reset” button next to each color cartridge.
- Click the “Update” or “Save” button and exit the utility.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.