If you are interested in high-quality Internet service without cumbersome wires and cords, wireless Internet is for you. Computer networking of any kind can seem confusing and difficult at first, but fear not! Converting from a wired cable connection to a wireless Internet connection can be done in several easy-to-follow steps.
Setting Up Your Routers
- Unplug your cable or DSL modem from its power supply.
- Connect your wireless router to your DSL or cable modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug in your wireless router and your cable or DSL modem’s power supply.
- Plug your Ethernet cable into your Internet router, and then plug the other end into your wireless router. Wait approximately five minutes and confirm that the “online” light is on.
Setting Up Your Computer
- Plug your wireless Internet card into one of your PC or laptop’s expansion slots.
- Run the installation disk that comes with your wireless router and/or wireless card. This will install any needed drivers and configure your PC or laptop for a wireless connection.
- Reboot your computer.
Connecting Your Computer to the Internet
- You should see a wireless Internet icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen; right-click on it.
- Select “View Available Wireless Networks” and select your network from the available list.
- Click “Connect” and follow the instructions to set up an encryption key. Your computer now has a wireless Internet connection.
- Make sure you run your installation disk prior to attempting to connect your computer to your wireless network.
- To increase compatibility, purchase your wireless Internet modem and card from the same manufacturer. For example, Lynksys produces both wireless cards and modems.
- Make sure you power on your DSL or cable modem and have an established connection to the Internet before connecting your wireless router. Your cable modem or DSL connection must first be receiving a signal from your Internet service provider before it can transmit to your router.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.