QuickBooks is small-business accounting software that creates profiles for every customer you do business with. Transactions with a customer must be individually deleted before deleting the customer account. Deleting a customer is not recommended because it deletes financial history. Hiding customers from view in QuickBooks is ideal for a business with a long list of inactive customers. Hiding customers keeps your list manageable and keeps your financial records intact.
Delete a Customer
- Select the customer you want to delete in “Customer Center” menu, and set the “Show” box to “All Transactions.”
- Double-click a transaction in the customer file. Click “Edit,” and then select “Delete Invoice.” Click “OK.” Every transaction in the customer’s account must be deleted in this way.
- Go to the “Customers and Jobs” tab, and highlight the customer you want to delete by clicking “Edit” then “Delete Customer.” Click “Yes” to confirm deletion.
Hide a Customer from View
- Right-click the customer in the “Customer Center” menu.
- Click “Make Customer: Inactive” to hide the customer and transactions from the list.
- Click the “View” list and choose “All Customers” to view hidden customers. Show the inactive customer by clicking the “X” beside the customer’s name.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.