This is one of the most common issues that one can experience when he has a need for the data file that is stored on a server or a remote machine. In order to resolve this issue you can follow the below given procedure:
- See if the QuickBooks Data manager is installed on the remote server or not. If not, install it by using following steps:
- Open the QuickBooks package and install it
- Select File from the menu list and select “Switch to multi-user mode”
- Now click on “Yes” when “Multi-user hosting setup required” pane shows up
Note: Here, QuickBooks will also install and run QBDBMgrN.exe file in the background, so do make sure that it is always running there.
- Click on “OK” on “Multi-user setup information” pane
- Add information about the desired users.
- Locating and opening up the company data file
- Select File from the menu and then select “Open Company”
- Click on “Look in” drop-down menu and the select the mapped n/w drive that includes the company file. If required you can also open up the folders as per the path set to locate the company file with .qbw extension. You may also be prompted to enter values for username and password.
In case you have any more questions or wish to obtain information about our support plans, do get in touch with our customer care representatives today.Our toll-free number is 1-800-293-9401.