Chrome is a free Internet browser developed by Google that allows you to browse and interact with websites and other online content. Over time, Chrome may slow down due to an increased amount of saved history data or if there are many extensions installed on the browser. To speed up your Chrome browser, you should regularly clear out the browsing history and remove extensions that you are no longer using.
- Launch the Chrome browser and click the “Tool” button. This button looks like a wrench icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Hover the mouse cursor over “Tools,” then click “Extensions” from the menu. You will see a list of extensions currently installed on your browser.
- Click the “Uninstall” link under the name of the extension you want to remove, and then click “Uninstall” in the pop-up window.
- Repeat the process until you only have extensions that you commonly use still installed on Chrome.
Clear Browsing Data
- Click the “Tool” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Hover the mouse cursor over “Tools,” then click “Clear browsing data” from the menu. A new pop-up window will appear.
- Select “The Beginning of Time” from the time drop-down menu.
- Select the data you would like to clear from your browser. Browsing history, cache and cookies can slow down your browser and should be cleared out regularly.
- Click the “Clear Browsing Data” button. Chrome will clear the data from your browser automatically.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.