It can be very frustrating when you’ve just acquired a new printer from a friend, a garage sale, or some other source and you get it home intending to install it and there isn’t any software! You come to realize that you don’t have the driver disk required for the printer.
Not having the software doesn’t have to be a problem however, just follow these simple steps for printer installation and you’ll be printing in no time!
- To start the printer installation, you will first need to connect the computer to the printer device. Make sure that they are firmly connected.
- Turn on your computer and after it has booted and finished the start-up procedure, turn on the printer.
- Select the “Start” menu and then select “Settings”.
- Then select “Printers and Faxes”.
- Next select the option “Add a Printer”.
- When the printer Wizard starts up, select “Next” and let the computer “detect plug and play printer”.
- If your computer cannot find the appropriate driver then choose the appropriate printer port (probably USB), and then choose the manufacturer of the printer.
- Finally, select the network printer model from the drop-down list and click “Next”. If the printer device was not in the list or for some reason the driver was not available on the system, you can always visit the manufacturer website and download the installation CD from them.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.