D-Link’s SharePort technology allows you to discuss a printer using a wireless router. The router provides a create server that makes the printer available for any PC on your wireless or local network. A person can connect to the printer over the wireless network as needed. SharePort is most suitable to family and home business office printing circumstances that do not require a full multi-user create server solution.
Install the Printer
- Connect the printer to a USB slot on the windows PC.
- Download and install the driver for the printer from the unit’s producer.
- Print the analyze web page to make sure the printer is functioning effectively.
- Unplug the printer’s USB wire from the PC.
- Download the SharePort application installation software from D-Link’s website.
- Click on the installer and adhere to the on-screen guidelines. This should put a SharePort symbol in the unit’s “System Plate.”
- Connect the printer’s USB wire to the USB slot on the D-Link wireless router.
- Open the SharePort application from the “System Plate.” The USB computer printer connected to the D-Link wireless router should appear. Choose the computer mouse suggestion on the printer name and choose the “Connect” control in the selection that reveals. The printer should now be available for use.
- Print a page to the printer to analyze the installation.
- SharePort Technology also allows the D-Link wireless router to discuss USB storage space gadgets on it.
- You will need to set up the printer driver and SharePort application on every PC that needs to connect to the distributed printer.
- Only one PC can be connected to a SharePort distributed computer printer or hard drive at a time. Be sure to detach from it to be able to allow others to use it.
- You may need to obtain and set up the newest firmware for the D-Link wireless router to be able to use the SharePort discussing service.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.