While setting up McAfee VirusScan Business 8.7i, you may experience the mistake “Error 1920, support McShield unsuccessful to begin.” This matter happens because of a mistake in the laptop or computer registry that relates Windows to a different area for the McAfee qualifications support. McAfee has fixed this problem with later editions of VirusScan Business. Until you are able to upgrade the application, you can take care of this mistake by changing the Windows laptop or computer registry to show off the best place of the McAfee qualifications support.
- Click the “Start” key then kind “regedit” in the search box at the base of the “Start” selection if you are using Windows 7 or windows Vista. Media “Enter.” In Windows XP, just click “Start” and “Run,” then kind “regedit” in the discussion box.
- Navigate to the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,” “SYSTEM,” “CurrentControlSet,” “Services” and “mfeapfk” files on the remaining part of the window. Select the “mfeapfk” directory.
- Double-click “ImagePath” on the right part of the window.
- Change the information in the “Value Data” box from “system32driversmfeapfk.sys” to “c: windowssystem32driversmfeapfk.sys” and just click “OK.”
- Close the laptop or computer registry manager and reboot the laptop or computer. McAfee VirusScan Business should now operate normally.
- After efficiently installing McAfee VirusScan Business, allow the application to run through the upgrade procedure absolutely. On the other hand, continue to the McAfee software obtain website and go into the certificate number for your McAfee product to see all of the available downloading.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.