The Lexmark 5600-6600 line is a series of all-in-one printers capable of printing, scanning, faxing and copying. Although you can use the device to scan or copy without installing it in a computer, you will need to install the program software prior to printing. The software is included with all new printers in the Lexmark 5500-6600 series, or you can download the necessary drivers from the Lexmark website.
Using the Installation CD
- Close all the open programs on your computer.
- Insert the installation CD into your computer’s disc drive.
- Wait for the “Welcome” screen to appear. If it doesn’t appear within a few minutes, you’ll need to manually start the setup process. On a Mac computer, you can manually start the setup process by double-clicking the “Install” button. On a Windows Vista PC, you must enter “D:\ setup.exe” in the search box field in the Start Menu. If you are using Windows XP or earlier, type this same command into the “Run” field in the Start Menu.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process. When the installation is complete, you’ll be able to print directly from your computer.
Download the Drivers
- Go to the Lexmark website.
- Click the “Support and Downloads” heading and click “Support and Downloads” again on the following page.
- Type your printer’s model number into the search field. This will bring up all the support information related to your Lexmark printer, including drivers and download information.
- Click the download link for the driver.
- Follow the download instructions as they appear on your computer screen. The instructions will guide you through the entire download and installation process. Once complete, your printer will be properly installed and ready to use with your computer.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.