HP 5600 series printers come with an installation disc to walk you through the setup process. You just insert the disc and follow the screen prompts. This configures your computer to work with the printer by installing a set of device drivers and installation files. Over the years, you may want to install your HP printer on a new computer. If you do not have the installation disc, HP offers a downloadable program from its website to walk you through the process step by step.
- Bring up HP’s Software and Drivers page in your computer’s Internet browser. Enter the specific model number of your 5600 series printer and click “Next.” Select your operating system and click “Next.”
- Click the plus sign next to “Driver” and click “Download.” Choose the folder on your computer that you want to save the driver to and click “Save.” Double-click the file you downloaded when the process is complete.
- Click “Accept” to agree to the default installation location of the files. Click “Next” to start the file extraction.
- Connect the HP 5600 series printer to your computer when prompted by the installation wizard. Use the USB cable that came with its purchase to connect it to the USB port on your computer. Click “Next” when your computer recognizes the printer.
- Click “Restart” to restart your computer when prompted. Click “Finish” after your computer restarts and the installation wizard finishes setting up the printer.
- There are several actual printer models that fall within the HP 5600 series, each with subtle function variations. If you have trouble completing this process, consider consulting your user manual for model-specific information.
- Windows 7 does not require that you use this setup to install the HP 5600 printer. Just connect the USB cable to the printer and your computer. Windows 7 will automatically download device drivers and install the printer. However, this process does not install any of the peripheral software associated with the printer and it may not allow you to use some of the more advanced features of the machine.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.