Some type of computer driver is a software component that goes along with a certain hardware device, which tells the operating system how to use the device. Ethernet, cards often require a driver to be installed before they will work properly. Most new hardware devices have a new driver installation CD, with a new driver install file, but sometimes you may need to find and install a driver manually.
- Click “Start,” “Control Panel, very well “Hardware and Sound” then “Device Manager” in Home windows 7. Locate the field called “Network Adapters, very well and click on it to expand a set of network devices. Right-click the Ethernet, device listed and go for “Properties. ” The device type and manufacturer should be listed under the General tab.
- Use the information about your Ethernet, card to search for drivers at the web site of your Ethernet card’s company. Hardware manufacturers usually web host downloads of drivers for their products. If you cannot find drivers, check your computer manufacturer’s website.
- Download the driver that is created for use with your Ethernet card type and operating system.
- Double-click the setup. exe or install. exe driver document to start the driver’s installation process.
- Restart your computer after the new driver has been fully installed.
- Some manufacturer’s may provide drivers as INF files. Install these if the official instructions say to, otherwise use a Setup.exe file.
- Newer drivers can help a device run more efficiently, so check for driver updates periodically.If a driver does not function properly, it can cause a system to crash. If this occurs, find and install a different driver or a different version of the same driver.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.