Computer hardware devices require software components known as “drivers” to help the computer communicate with the device properly. Sound cards require audio drivers to function. Without drivers, sound will not come out of the speakers. Drivers are often created by the device manufacturer and can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website. However, you can have the Windows operating system search for updated drivers and install them.
- Click “Start,” select “Control Panel” and choose “Hardware and Sound.”
- Choose “Device Manager” in the Devices and Printers section.
- Click the delta symbol to the left of “Sound, video and game controllers.” This will expand a list of devices under sound, video and game controllers, which will include your sound card.
- Right-click on the audio device and choose “Update Driver Software.”
- Tell Windows to search for and install the updated driver automatically.
- You may also be able to download and install driver updates by going to the website of the manufacturer of your computer or sound card.
- If your computer experiences crashes after installing a new driver, attempt to download and install a different one. Generally, any driver downloaded using Window’s automatic driver updating should work properly without problems.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.