Your computer’s motherboard needs the correct version of the Basic Input Output System (BIOS) to properly run through all its power on tests and ensure each hardware device is working. When you start to experience hardware problems or have trouble loading the operating system, its likely time to install a new BIOS, which is a process called “flashing.” The BIOS can be upgraded directly from your desktop by running the Asus BIOS updater tool.
- Open the “Start” menu and click the “Search” feature. Type “System Information” and then click the icon that appears in the search results.
- Locate the entry labeled “BIOS Version.” Take note of the current Asus motherboard BIOS version, and then close the window.
- Return to your web browser and navigate to the Asus website. Download and install the latest version of the Asus BIOS updater program.
- Navigate to the Asus BIOS download Web page. Click the “Product” drop down menu and choose “Motherboard.” Choose the series and model of your Asus motherboard from the corresponding drop down menus.
- Check through the list of available BIOS versions, and click the link for the latest version. Take note of the location where you download the file. Open the Asus BIOS updater program you installed earlier.
- Click the drop down menu at the bottom of the window, and select the option labeled “Update BIOS from a file.” Click “Next.”
- Click “Open.” Locate the BIOS file you downloaded. Click the file and then choose “Save.” Click “Next” to install the latest BIOS version. Restart the computer when the installation is complete.
If you are facing an kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.