At times, you might install different printers on your computer; such as if you’re part of multiple networks and use printers for each. When you no longer need a printer, you can uninstall it so that you’re not holding unnecessary programs or drivers on your computer. To completely uninstall the printer, you must remove it from your list of options; uninstall the drivers and any software it used.
- Click the “Start” button and select “Devices and Printers” from the menu.
- Select the printer you want to uninstall from the “Printers and Faxes” section. Click the “Remove Device” button near the top. Click “Yes.”
- Click on any other device listed in the “Printers and Faxes” section and then click the “Print Server Properties” button near the top.
- Go to the “Drivers” tab of the “Print Server Properties” box. Click the printer you removed and hit the “Remove” button. Click “OK.” Close the Properties box and the “Devices and Printers” window.
- Click “Start” and then “Control Panel.” Select the “Uninstall a Program” option.
- Scroll down and click the name of the printer you had installed. Click the “Uninstall” button and then “Yes” to remove any printer software left on your computer.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.