Whether you use your Kyocera printer for home or work, having some basic troubleshooting skills is a good idea. Being able to fix common printer problems on your own, without the help of a technician, can save you time and money. No matter which Kyocera printer model you own, it is best to troubleshoot each problem one step at a time.
- Examine the printouts carefully. The condition of the printouts can help you isolate the problem and resolve it more quickly. Black spots that appear on copies and scans–but not printouts–point to dirt on the scanner glass. Spots and streaks on printouts are an indication that the toner or ink cartridge is leaking. Missing print and light spots could mean that the toner cartridge is nearly empty.
- Lift the top cover of your multifunction Kyocera printer to access the scanner glass. Spray the glass surface lightly with a non-abrasive glass cleaner, and then clean the glass thoroughly with a soft cloth. Use a cotton swab dipped in glass cleaner to remove dirt from the corners of the glass.
- Open the front of the printer to access the ink or toner cartridges. Remove the cartridges and sit them on a surface that has been covered with paper towels or cloth. Check for any leaks and remove leaking cartridges at once. A leaking ink or toner cartridge can contaminate the entire paper path on your Kyocera printer, leading to hundreds of dollars in damage and a problem that is very time-consuming to fix.
- Clean the ink cartridges, if they are still in good condition. Dip the metal part of the cartridge in a bowl containing a few inches of warm, not hot, water. Dry the cartridge thoroughly with a soft cloth. Remove any caked on ink residue with a cotton swab dipped in warm water or isopropyl alcohol.
- Check the cable running from the Kyocera printer to the computer, if you get no response when sending a print job. Remove the cable at both ends, and then reseat it carefully. If that does not work, shut down the printer and the computer, then power on the printer and wait for it to come to ready mode. Restart the computer, log on and send your job again.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.