Proper installation and configuration of Internet Explorer is required for Yahoo Messenger to function correctly.
Even if you don’t use Internet Explorer, problems with its installation can cause the following issues with Yahoo Messenger:
- Messenger doesn’t function as expected
- Error message: “You are not connected to the internet”
- Cannot make a PC-to-PC call
- Dropped Calls
- Problems calling from computer to computer
While using Mozilla Firefox or another alternative web browser is fine, it is important to remember that the installation and proper configuration of Internet Explorer is required for Yahoo Messenger to function correctly.
Internet Explorer reset directions
- Download and install the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Restart your computer.
- Reset your Web browser configuration. (This will restore the manufacturer settings without deleting your Favorites.) To do this:
- Close all open windows and programs.
- Press the key combination Windows Logo+ R.
– This opens the “Run” command.
- Type cplinto the Open field, and then click OK.
– This opens “Internet Properties.”
- Select the Advanced
- Click the Reset
- Check the Delete personal settings
- Click the Reset
- When the reset is complete, click Close.
- By resetting Internet Explorer settings, you return Internet Explorer to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer. This is useful for fixing problems that might be caused by settings that were changed after installation.
- When you delete personal settings, some web pages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work as expected.
- Resetting Internet Explorer to its defaults does not delete your favorites, feeds, Web slices, and a few other personalized settings.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.