The HP LaserJet 1000 printer is a popular choice for both home and business users. Proper drivers for your operating system can reduce problems with print consistency and downtime. This printer is small, making it suitable for use as a personal desktop printer. At the same time, the laser printer provides quality output that is generally superior to that found on desktop inkjet printers but it must be correctly installed in order for the HP LaserJet 1000 to properly work.
- Log on to the Hewlett Packard website at HP.com. Click on the “Support and Drivers” tab at the top of the page.
- Select the “Download Drivers” option and type “LaserJet 1000” in the search box. Click the “Go” button.
- Click on your operating system to download the proper driver. Note that there may be drivers for more than one version of the Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7 operating system. Download the right driver for your operating system.
- Double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation. Accept the default path for the software installation.
- Connect the printer cable to your computer when prompted. Print a test page to make sure the printer is communicating with your computer.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.