Vaio is a line of Windows-based computers produced by Sony. The Vaio brand is perhaps best known as a line of laptop computers, but Sony also makes Vaio desktop computers. A new Vaio computer will come with the basic operating system and device drivers needed to use the computer, but the driver software may not be up to date and Sony may release new driver versions over time. Installing updated drivers can ensure that devices function as well as possible.
- Go to Sony’s Get Model Specific Support page.
- Click “Detect My Model” under “Auto Detect (Vaio PCs Only)” or choose your product type, product series and product model under “Option 3: Select It” and click “Continue. The “Detect My Model” function may not work for certain computers and may work best with Internet Explorer. You can locate your model number on a label on the front of your computer (desktops) or on the LCD frame, hinge or keyboard (laptops). Click the “How do I locate my model number?” link for more information.
- Click on the plus (“+”) sign next to the category for the device you want to update under “Results” and then click the “Download Now” link next to the most recent driver available in the list. For instance, if you want to update your sound card drivers, click on the plus sign next to “Audio (Sound)” and then choose a driver to download from the list.
- Click “Download Now” again and choose to save the driver installer to your hard drive.
- Double-click on the “.exe” driver installer after the download is complete and follow the instructions of the installation wizard to complete driver installation. Usually you will have to click “Next” or “Continue” a few times, agree to a license agreement, and restart your computer after the process is complete.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.