Some of the Dell cartridges give the impression on the printer software that they are either low on ink or completely empty. Although this can be a nuisance, it is very easy to remedy this by making some minor adjustments in the “Printers and Faxes” folder on Windows XP. The steps below will help you take care of this issue.
- Click on “Start” in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Opt for “Printers and Faxes” in the right hand panel. You can also get to the printer folder by clicking on “Control Panel” and locating the folder from there.
- Find the icon for your Dell printer once you are inside the “Printers and Faxes” folder.
- Select the “File” option from the navigation bar at the top of the screen. Once the pull down menu appears, select “Printing Preferences.”
- Pick the tab that says “Advanced Options.” Once you have chosen this, choose “More Options” to begin making adjustments for your printer.
- Choose between two options once you are in the “More Options” box. Your choices will be to never display the print status or to display the printing status minimized in the task bar.
- Press “OK” to exit out of this box. Then, press “OK” again to exit out of the next box. Close out of the remaining windows and you will then be done with the adjustments.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.