Whether you utilize your Kyocera printer for home or work, having some fundamental troubleshooting abilities is a smart thought. Having the able to fix common printer issues on your own, without the assistance of a technician, can save you time and money. Regardless of which Kyocera printer model you claim, it is best to troubleshoot every issue one step at a time.
- Look at the printouts carefully. The condition of the printouts can help you isolate the issue and resolve it all the more quickly. Black spots that show up on copies and scans – but not printouts- – point to dirt on the scanner glass. Spots and streaks on printouts are an indication that the toner or ink cartridge is leaking. Missing print and light spots could mean that the toner cartridge is nearly empty.
- Lift the top cover of your multifunction Kyocera printer to get to the scanner glass. Spray the glass surface lightly with a non-abrasive glass cleaner, and then clean the glass completely with a soft cloth. Utilize a cotton swab dipped in glass cleaner to remove dirt from the edges of the glass.
- Open the front of the printer to get to the ink or toner cartridges. Remove the cartridges and sit them on a surface that has been covered with paper towels or cloth. Check for any leaks and remove leaking cartridges at once. A leaking ink or toner cartridge can debase the whole paper path on your Kyocera printer, leading to hundreds of dollars in damage and an issue that is exceptionally consuming to fix.
- Clean the ink cartridges, if they are still in great condition. Dip the metal part of the cartridge in a bowl containing a couple inches of warm, not hot, water. Dry the cartridge altogether with a soft cloth. Remove any caked on ink buildup with a cotton swab dipped in warm water or isopropyl alcohol.
- Check the cable running from the Kyocera printer to the PC, if you get no reaction when sending a print job. Remove the cable at both ends, and then reseat it carefully. If that that does not work, shut down both the printer and the PC, then power on the printer and wait for it to come to prepared mode. Restart the PC, sign on and send your job once more.
“If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-279-9788.”