We all have issues with our inkjet printers from time to time which can be annoying, particularly if you have a vital deadline and need your printout immediately. Below we have listed some of the most frequent ways to fix any issues that arise.
Your inkjet printer should have some problem-solving tools and warning lights to let you know if it has an issue. Your handbook should tell you what the different lights mean. You should also be able to print a test page which will help you spot any problems like smudging or miss-alignment.
- Switch it off and on again. It may seem obvious but many issues can be fixed by simply re-booting your printer.
- Cancel print job: This is done via the tray icons where you will see an icon of a printer or can be done in windows control panel under Printers and Faxes. Click on your printer and right click on the job, then select “Cancel Printing”.
- If your prints have horizontal lines, white spots or are lighter than usual it could be a sign that the print head is clogged, this usually happens if you haven’t used your printer for a while. The problem ought to be solved by cleaning the print head; this is done via your utility tools and will only take a few moments
- If vertical lines are out of sync or jagged this means that the print head is out of alignment. This happens over time when in constant use. You should be able to recalibrate within the printer utility tools.
- If colors are absent or washed out it may be a signal that your color ink cartridge is low. Colors may start to fail even before you are informed to replace your cartridge. Replacing the cartridges will restore color.
- If you have just changed your color inkjet cartridge or know it is full, it may be a sign that you have a clogged nozzle. To fix this clean the print head. If your cartridge has been left in the machine for a long period unused it can produce same effect – if cleaning the print head still does not solve the you may need to replace the ink cartridge.
- Look inside of the printer for dirt, dust, hair or scraps of paper. These will jam your printer and cause it to stop working. Compressed air or tweezers can help clean the inside.
- Just like a computer your printer requires the newest updates to function. These are referred to as drivers. If you have issues with your computer talking to your printer it may be that you need the latest printer driver.
If you are facing any kind of issue call on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.