The Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 4600 is a high-speed color printer with two paper trays and upgradable internal memory. It can print up to 17 pages for every moment in color and black and white. Different conditions can prompt to printing issues, for example, blank pages being output from the printer. The troubleshooting procedure is utilized to diagnose possible reasons for the issue. After the reason for the blank page issue has been identified, complete the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
- Check the display for an error message. If the display reads “Clearing paper from printer,” the engine has detected a jam and is attempting to eject the jammed pages automatically. These pages will often be blank.
- Check the display for “Performing PRINT/STOP TEST” or “Performing SERVICE TEST.” Either of these messages indicates that the printer is going through a test process that may eject blank pages.
- Reduce the amount of paper in the input tray if the printer is feeding multiple blank sheets at once. The printer will pull additional pages through if the input tray is overfilled.
- Replace the paper in the input tray with the correct size if necessary. If the 4600 printer detects the paper as an incorrect size for the print job, it may eject the paper without printing anything on it.
- Replace the ink cartridges if certain colors are blank on the page. Replace the black cartridge if printing black text documents that is coming out blank. The printer may attempt to print regardless of the possibility that the ink level is low or empty, however will not able to print anything on the page, making it come out blank.
- Remove the sealing tape from recently installed cartridges. The tape covers the print heads and ought to be removed before installing the cartridges. If the tape is left on, it will keep ink from getting on the pages as they print.
- Press the “Check mark” button on the control panel to enter the printer menu. Run a diagnostic so the printer can attempt to decide the reason for the blank pages printing. Press the up or down arrow to choose “Diagnostics.” Press the “Check mark” button. Press the “Down” arrow to highlight “PQ Troubleshooting.” Press the “Check mark” button. The printer runs a diagnostic and comes back to a ready state when done.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.