The Canon PIXMA MP190 is an all-in-one photo printer that prints photos and documents. The Canon MP190 demonstrates an error message that alerts the user to potential issues. An error message appears as an orange light and displays an error code on a LED screen. Following a couple of essential steps ought to get the Canon PIXMA MP190 operating easily once more.
- Check the paper input. If the LED shows’, 2,” the machine is either out of paper or the paper won’t feed. Accurately load the paper, replace the tray, and press the “Color” or “Black” button to resume printing. If “E, 3” shows, there is either a paper jam or the paper tray is not open properly. Check the printer for a paper jam and clear it, then close and replace the plate. Resume printing.
- Check the status of the FINE cartridge, If “E, 4,” “E, 5,” “E, 7,” “E, 1, 4” or “E, 1, 5” displays on the LED, the FINE cartridge is either not set appropriately or not perfect with the printer. Open the cover and check that the cartridge is installed accurately. Close the cover and resume printing. If the error still shows, there might be damage to the print head. If “E, 2, 2” display with a flashing green light, the FINE cartridge is stuck. Turn the machine off. Remove the defensive cover before removing the cartridge. Reinstall the cartridge and turn on the machine.
- Check the ink absorber. If “E, 8” displays, the ink absorber is almost full. Clear the error and resume printing by pressing “Black” or “color.” The ink absorber should be replaced before the following print batch starts.
- Check the ink cartridges. If “E, 1, 3” displays, the ink likely has run out. Press the “Stop/Reset” button and hold it for five seconds to resume printing. Replace the important ink cartridges. If “E, 1, 6” displays, the ink has run dry. Replace the ink cartridge, close the cover and resume printing.
- Check the size and placement of the document. If “E, 2, 0” appears on the LED, the document is too little for the printer to detect. Verify the document is accurately put on the print glass, and then resume printing. If this does not right the issue, then the “Print Head Alignment Sheet” has failed. Connect the printer to a PC and align the print head utilizing the printer driver. When alignment is finished, continue printing.
- Reboot the PC when real error messages show up. If “E, 2, x,” “E, 3, x” or “E, 4, x” display, the printer likely will require service. Turn off the machine, remove the power supply from the machine and let it rest for a minute. Reattach the power supply and plug it back to.
“If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-279-9788.”