Wireless routers give you the ability to connect multiple computers together to share files and Internet access. You can also use the wireless router to connect all of your computers to the same printer so that each can print from it simultaneously. To connect a printer to a wireless router you need to change several settings on each of the computers that use the printer.
- Check the manual that came with your printer to determine if it has built-in wireless capabilities. Acquire a wireless printer adapter if the printer does not have a built-in wireless device.
- Connect the wireless adapter into the USB port on the printer. Access one of the computers connected to your wireless network.
- Open the Start menu and click “Control Panel.” Scroll down and click the “Network and Sharing Center” icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click “Printer Sharing.” Click the “Turn on Printer Sharing” radio button. Click the “Apply” button to save the change.
- Select the “View Computers and Devices” link at the upper-left corner of the window. Click the “Add a Printer” button at the top of the screen.
- Choose the “Add a wireless printer” option and click “Next.” Click the name of the printer from the list of available wireless devices. Click “Next.”
- Click “Finish” to connect the computer to the wireless printer. Repeat the setup process on any other computers on the network that need access to the printer.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.