If the Yahoo! Toolbar is installed on a computer running a beta version of Internet Explorer 7, a variety of issues can occur, such as windows and dialog boxes being displayed with an incorrect size or not responding to keyboard and mouse button presses. You can learn how to fix the Yahoo! Toolbar. You’ll be downloading a patch for Internet Explorer 7 or upgrading to the most recent version of Internet Explorer.
Windows Update (Preferred Method)
- Visit the Windows Update website using the link in the “Resources” section of this article.
- Click the “Express” button to retrieve all of the high-priority updates that are available for your computer. Internet Explorer 8 will be listed as a high-priority update and will then install automatically.
- Follow the prompts to complete installation of Internet Explorer 8. For computers that are running the Internet Explorer 7 beta or ones that don’t have the latest Windows Update, several other high-priority updates may be available. You may need to restart your computer several times during this process.
- Visit the Windows Update website after each time you restart the computer until no more updates are available.
Manual Patching (Alternate Method)
- Visit the Microsoft Knowledge Base article linked to in the “Resources” section of this article to download the Internet Explorer 7 beta patch that addresses the Yahoo! toolbar issue.
- Click the link for your version of Windows to download the Internet Explorer 7 beta patch. The patch is available for the 32- and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Server 2003. Note that Windows Vista and Internet Explorer 7 do not exhibit this issue with the Yahoo! Toolbar.
- Click the “Download” button to download the patch. Save the file to your desktop and double click it. Follow the prompts to complete installation. You will need to restart your computer after the installation is complete.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-888-489-0678.