A printer driver is a necessary piece of software that must be installed in a computer for the printer to function properly. The printer driver converts information into a data stream that can be read by the printer to produce the printed page. However, printer drivers can become corrupted or outdated after an update to the Windows operating system or a program. If the printer driver is not working, then the printer will also malfunction. You can use the Add Printer Driver Wizard in Windows to replace the malfunctioning printer driver.
- Click “Start” then “Control Panel” and select “Hardware and Sound” from the list. Click “Printers” or “Devices and Printers.” A list of printers will be displayed.
- Right-click the printer with the malfunctioning driver, then select “Printer Properties” from the pop-up list. If prompted by the system, enter the administrator password in the appropriate field. The “Printer Properties” window will open.
- Click the “Advanced” tab, and then click the “New Driver” button. The Add Printer Driver Wizard window will open. Click the “Next” button.
- Click the “Have Disk” button if you have the new driver on a CD or DVD already inserted in the disk drive of your computer. The wizard will automatically locate the printer driver on the disc and install it. Click the “Windows Update” button if you do not have the new driver on a disc. The system will download all driver updates and automatically install the driver for your printer.
- Click the “Finish” button when the Add Printer Driver wizard is complete.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.