Deadlines are a part of a typical day in the life of the office worker. When an HP printer goes offline, it can easily stifle your workflow, which in turn can cause frustration. But there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to get your printer back online.
- Check the cables connecting the printer to the computer and make sure they are secure.
- Turn the printer off and back on. Resetting the printer can sometimes bring it back online.
- Check the toner or ink cartridge. If your ink is low or empty, the printer won’t function.
- Check for torn paper, paper clips, sticky label residue and other items that could be the cause of printer jams. Any of these will stop a printer in its tracks.
- Set the printer as your default printer and see if this resets it to online status. From the Start menu, select “Control Panel,” then “Printers and other Hardware.” Select the printer that is offline. Select “Printer” from the pull-down menu. Click on “Set Printer as Default”.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-844-279-9788.