Even though Microsoft Excel is not a free program, Microsoft offers a free trial download as a part of the Microsoft Office trial downloads. A free trial of Microsoft Excel is ideal for those who wish to test drive the program before committing to buying it. The free trial lasts 60 days, so users who only need it for a short time can use it free and uninstall it afterwards.
- Access the Microsoft Excel home page on your computer’s Internet browser. Click “Free 60-day trial.” Click “Download Free Trial” on the following page. Click “Download Now” on the next page.
- Sign in to your Windows Live account. Enter your name and country into the appropriate fields. Click “Create My Account.” Take note of the product key displayed on the next screen. Click “Download Now.”
- Double-click the file you downloaded to start the installation. Click “Run” in the Windows Explorer window that appears. Click “Next’ on the Microsoft Download Manager to begin the setup process. Enter your product key when prompted. Click “Continue.”
- Select “I accept the term in the License Agreement” and click “Continue” to accept the Microsoft License Agreement. Choose “I want to activate the software over the Internet” and click “Next.” Click “Finish” when the installation and activation is complete.
- Remove the Microsoft Office trial download at any time by going to “Start>Control Panel>Uninstall a Program.” Find the Microsoft Office trial in the list of programs and click “Uninstall.”
- The free trial of Microsoft Excel allows you to use the program for 60 days. At the end of that time, you will no longer be able to create new Excel documents or save changes to them. If you want the full functionality of Microsoft Excel, you must pay for it.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.