Unlike postal delivery, email allows users to send messages to recipients around the world in mere seconds. According to Nielsen statistics, 65.1 percent of web users use web-based email services. There are several providers of email service, one of which is Hotmail, provided by Microsoft. Creating a Hotmail account is free and takes only a few minutes. Once your account is created, you can immediately begin sending and receiving email messages.
- Access the Windows Live web page. Select the “Sign up” icon to begin the process of creating a Hotmail email account. Select “No” on the following page, which asks “Do you have an e-mail address?” and select “Continue” to move forward.
- Use the drop-down box to select your country in the “Country/Region” field. Enter your desired email address in the “Email address” field. Make sure your address contains only letters and numbers. It cannot contain periods, hyphens or underscores. Select “Check Availability” to determine if the address you have selected is available. If the address is available, continue to the next field. If it is not available, select another address and check again.
- Enter the password you wish to establish for your account. The password must contain a minimum of six characters. Hotmail passwords are case sensitive, so make sure to take note of capitalized and lowercase letters you choose. Review the password strength gauge located under the “Password” field. This tells you how easily another person could intercept your password and access your account. Create as strong of a password as you can to avoid an account breach.
- Retype your selected password in the “Retype password” field. Make a note of your password in a secure place that is accessible to you just in case you forget your code.
- Select a question to use in case you forget and must reset your password. Use the drop-down menu to select a question and type the correct answer in the “Secret answer” field. Your answer must have a minimum of five characters; however, it is not case-sensitive. Choose a question that you can easily answer but others cannot.
- Enter your first and last name, gender, birth date, state, zip code and time zone in the appropriate fields. Review the verification code displayed on the bottom of the page. Type the code exactly as it appears into the empty box below.
- Review the service agreement and privacy statement. Select “I Accept” to accept the terms and create your account. Select “Cancel” if you do not accept the terms and do not wish to create an email account. If you choose “I Accept,” select “Continue” on the following page to access your new Hotmail account and begin using its features.
If you are facing any kind of issues call us on our toll-free number 1-800-293-9401.